Sunday 20 April 2014

Lip and cheek stain

There's something so appealing and youthful about flushed cheeks and rosy lips. Unfortunately, not all of us are blessed with a perpetual glow and just-bitten-looking lips.

During my college days I had chronic dry lips. It took forever for the dryness to go away. I used lip balms which kept lips hydrated till it stayed. I began using a concotion of oils for overnight treatment and it helped to a large extent. My love for lip balms remained as they were more convenient to use. People who know me, know my love for lip balms. You'll never find me without one. I have one near my desk at work, my handbag, in bathroom. Can't live without it. Sadly even the tinted lip balms don't satisfy me for the color.



I had a few lipsticks lying around as i hardly use lipsticks cos they dry my lips. I googled for some ideas and came up with a lip cum cheek stain which i'm going to review here. I've been using it for over a month and not missed my lipsticks. I plan to make more in different colors, shall update this page as and when i do.

Note: It's not all natural as the lipstick used here is regular. However other ingredients used are all natural.

Benefits:
  • Contains shea butter, olive oil and Vit E.
  • Keeps lips hydrated, makes them smooth and supple.
  • Just a tint ensures natural stain which doesn't looks made up.
  • Can be used on lips and cheeks as well for natural stain.
  • Pigmentation can be tuned to requirement. Repeated application for deeper color. Refer swatch. 
  • Stays on for more than 3 hours.
  • Less chemicals.
  • Easy to carry, leak-proof.
  • Customised color and consistency.
  • Use your unwanted bright lipsticks.

How to use

Step 1: Choose the right stain
Pick a shade that compliments your skin tone. Keep in mind that stain in bottle looks darker than on your skin.

Step 2: Prep your skin
Wash your face with a cleanser to slough off dead skin, which will help even out skin tone. Then, apply a light moisuturizer all over your face.

Step 3:  Apply stain
Use your fingertips or a makeup sponge and smile as you blend the color onto the apples of your cheeks. . Let it dry. Reapply if you need more color.
For lips, apply evenly with index finger. Reapply whenever necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Eco-conscious friend,

    I like the idea behind your chemical free products . I have been using natural soaps and creams for long and make them myself. I am interested in
    your products and mainly the eco-friendly aspect of it. I would like to invite you to join my green networking portal www.greenmoksha.com and
    contribute towards awareness about side effects of chemicals in cosmetics by your blogs, articles, products descriptions etc. Please feel free to
    write to me and I will add you as member of this portal. Hoping to hear from you soon.

    Founder atgreenmoksha dot com

    ReplyDelete